Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer's Halfway Gone!!

Oh my gosh!! So August is now here, and that means we're halfway through our season of farmer's markets here in Manzanita. It's crazy how fast time can just fly by. We must all do our best and most thoughtful work, because this moment and many others even yet to come will pass by in such a hurry. Last evening we took a bit of time out together to share and enjoy an evening as a farm family, which was quite pleasant. The activity of the night was going to see Harry Potter's Half Blood Prince in Seaside, OR. It was Brian's night to cook dinner, and he opted to take us out to eat, so it was a nice treat to eat out. A little bit of greasy food now and then, followed by popcorn, and a movie is kind of awesome!! I really enjoyed the movie, and then on the way back home, I came out of a half-sleep state as Brian slowed the car down for a baby coyote running down the road looking confused. I said, "can we take him home, please? I'll train him, and I promise to not let him eat the chickens." It didn't work, no coyote dog for me, oh well!! So then this morning was friday market morning, which means early-rise and all day picking, followed by an evening market. Whew, glad to have yet another one out of the way. Today was a bit sluggish, but we're working like a well-oiled machine now, so "Gin" and I had no problem just rolling real easy with everything and making it all happen. The crazy occurence at this market was that the band which was playing, led by Kid Segall a local bluesman, started playing this tune "Busted," a Johnny Cash number, which was also covered by Ray Charles, and probably countless others, but the coincidence was that I had been working on that tune and singing it all week long prior to this market, so there's the power of music for you. Travelling vibrations and intentions is what it is I tell ya! Magical stuff, that music! So, also starting this Sunday, we'll be conducting a cobb oven building workshop out on the farm, which will be held over three consecutive Sundays, ending on Jesse's birthday, for which we'll be baking fresh muffins and celebrating together around our new outdoor baking oven, bench, and firepit. It should be a fun and educational farm/community project. So, stay tuned for that. Anyways, hopefully I haven't bored you to death with this write-up, but for those of you who have made it this far in the reading, thank you for checkin' out the happenings. I'll try and put more up soon, with pictures as well. Much love to you all, and blessings for each and every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment